Nursery and Gardens
Central Florida Bamboo Farm
Handy independent contracting individuals wanted for outdoor projects!
Please call for details
Jenni and Stephen
2180 Snow Hill Rd
Oviedo, FL 32766
Top Benefits of Bamboo Plants
Bamboo is the fastest growing land plant, which offers the fastest natural way to gain privacy.
Bamboo is great for noise barriers, windbreakers, and living screens.
Bamboo is durable, affordable, and strong.
More importantly, bamboo plants are beautiful and exotic to look at. Here in our nursery you will find bamboos with green, blue, golden, or black color, many with beautiful stripes.
Bamboo shoots are nutritious and delicious.
By absorbing 5x the amount of CO2 and producing up to 35% more oxygen than standard trees in the same amount of space, bamboo is your Eco-friendly plant option.
Bamboo is naturally bacteria and pest-resistant, there is usually no need for the use of pesticides or any other chemicals.
Lako Black Bamboo
Sun and Moon
Central Florida Bamboo for Sale
- We specialize in Non-Invasive clumping bamboo – one of the best choices for living screens and bamboo privacy fence.
- In our 10 acre bamboo nursery, we carry 16 of the most popular bamboo varieties that will thrive in the Central Florida climate.
- We are conveniently located in the Greater Orlando area, close to UCF, 26 miles from downtown Orlando, and 20 miles from I-95.
5 Things to Know About Planting Bamboo
- In Central Florida, Bamboo can be planted in Spring, Summer and Fall. Normally, I would not plant bamboo from December to February.
- Bamboo thrives in full sun but can live just fine in partial sun. It will be happy to sway next to trees or into the trees.
- Bamboo needs to be watered daily for 4 to 6 weeks after planting. Then it can be watered with the lawn sprinkler schedule or as needed.
- Bamboo roots need to breathe and should be planted in soil that drains well. As long as the water is able to drain, the more water the better.
- A good fertilizer for bamboo should have the N-P-K ratio around 18-6-12 with some minors. If you want an easy and effective fertilizer routine, apply 6-8 months slow release fertilizer in March and September.
Recycle and Get Greener
We recycle everything whenever possible. Tree trimming companies bring us many truckloads of wood chips, saving their landfill fees and providing us needed mulch. We use some to mulch our field grown bamboo and some to compost to become excellent soil in a few years.
bamboo plants for sale; Orlando bamboo nursery; Central Florida bamboo farm; clumping bamboo; non-invasive bamboo; bamboo fertilizer; how to plant bamboo; bamboo privacy fence; bamboo for privacy; bamboo for hedge; bamboo for sale; Cocoa Beach bamboo; Daytona Beach bamboo; Kissimmee bamboo; Melbourne bamboo; Deland bamboo; New Smyrna Beach bamboo; Port Orange bamboo; Titusville bamboo; Merrit Island bamboo; Lake Mary bamboo; Longwood bamboo; Apopka bamboo; Winter Park bamboo; beautiful bamboo; tropical bamboo; bamboo shoots